Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role of the Team Lead – Product Services will be oversight of the day-to-day activities of the product Services operations including scheduling and release of orders for keys, locks and displays. Utilizing the MasterKing keying software, Taymor’s ERP, the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and related Excel spreadsheet is an integral part in executing the main responsibilities. This role is back–up to the Warehouse Team Lead for key responsibilities involving WMS. As a key member of operations team the primary objective is achieving our service level commitments to our customers throughout USA/Canada.
Number of hours per week:
18$ to 20$ by hour
Job start date:
Number of positions to fill:
•Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and supervise production schedules to meet production goals of associates engaged in handling, assembling, testing locks, cutting keys and assembling product displays.
•Read and analyze work orders in order to determine labor requirements and set production schedule in order to maintain the agreed service level of the department to their (internal) customers.
•Assign work to associates
•Train most and motivate all Product Services/Warehouse associates.
•Assist Operations Manager with the recruiting
•Provide Operations Manager with input for evaluations and corrective action of all Product Services associates.
•Confer with management and/or subordinates to resolve associates problems, complaints, or grievances.
•Schedule associates, including overtime authorization, approve requests for time off, propose overtime hours as requested, administer time sheets and request temporary staff as needed.
•Hold team meetings.
•Actively promote safety by leading by example and ensuring safe work practices are followed
•Follow up on wide range of internal departmental inquiries, resolving issues and providing follow up
•Ensure the work area is safe, well maintained, organized and functioning properly
•Recommend or implement measures to motivate associates and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
•Order all Keying and Display material inventory as required.
•Inspect physical conditions of equipment, and order testing, maintenance or repair and request replacement as necessary.
•Liaise with customer service on customer order status in Product Services.
•Confer with other Team Leads to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
•Back up to anyone in the team when required.
•Participate in and/or lead projects and improvement initiatives in collaboration with management and other departments.
Languages asked for
Not at all
Minimum experience required:
• Forklift certification preferred
• Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in warehouse or distribution environment
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in keying
• Experience using a Warehouse Management System including barcode scanners
• Knowledgeable of the order processing module of an ERP system and/or warehouse management systems (including barcode scanners)
• Change Management
Technical & Professional Abilities
• Intermediate ability with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
• Well organized, detail oriented, with excellent time management. Able to prioritize and handle several requests effectively at the same time.
• Strong ability to influence
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team to positive results
• Ability to manage conflict and remain objective and professional under pressure.
• Results oriented and motivated by achieving results
• Is forward thinking, innovative and proactive
• Has a high level of integrity